While we enjoy speaking with our clients on a regular basis, we find that during the busy periods it is difficult to answer the many recurring questions that arise.

We have assembled answers to some of the most common questions and ask you to review this list first to see if it answers your question prior to your call.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

** Office Procedures for Tax Season 2023 **

For all materials being dropped or mailed to please include our Supplemental Info Drop Off Sheet.

When should I receive all of the tax documents, I will need to provide to you for this year’s tax preparation?

All forms above should be mailed to you by January 31st. However, you may note that some may send with a January 31st postmark, so you may have to wait a few days for delivery.

Can I make an appointment?

Yes, as you will read in this letter, if your preferred method is an in person appointment, we have again returned to that practice this year. Should you feel the need for an appointment please call the office at 215-462-7130 x102 to schedule your meeting.  Keep in mind, all of the options that were made available during the last few years in terms of uploading your materials, mailing or depositing them in one of our offices drop boxes are still an option as well.

How early can I send you my documents?

You can send us your information as soon as you feel you have received everything we will need. You will not need to wait until February 1 this year. We only ask that when you send us your materials to please do so, when have a complete set of documents. Not in a piece meal fashion.

What are the most common tax documents (and why you need them)?

  • W2 – From each employer for whom you worked
  • 1099 R – Issued by anyone who paid you distributions from pensions, annuities & IRAs
  • 1099 C – Issued by a bank or credit card company if you have had debt forgiven this year
  • 1099 Int – Issued by anyone who paid you interest income. e.g. Banks, Investments Firms
  • 1099 Div – Issued by companies who’ve paid dividends on stock you own
  • 1098 – Issued by mortgage companies showing total interest and property taxes paid
  • 1099 SSA – If you’ve received Social Security or Disability Benefits.
  • 1099 B – If you’ve sold stock this year, showing the gross proceeds you’ve received
  • 1099 Misc – If you worked as an independent/sub contractor or have your own business
  • 1099 NEC- If you have income earned as a sub-contractor, non-employee or “gig” worker
  • 1099 G-If you have received unemployment benefits
  • W2G – If you have winnings from lottery, casinos or any other gambling winnings
  • Form 1095 – Health Insurance Coverage
  • Settlement documents related to the purchase and/or sale of a home
  • Dependent care documents – Name, address, Tax ID number, and amounts paid for dependent care expenses
  • 1098 T – Dependents in College
  • Charitable contribution receipts
  • Medical expense receipts
  • Revenue and expenses for rental properties if applicable

New Clients should provide the following additional information:

  • Copy of previous year’s tax return
  • Dates of birth and social security numbers for taxpayer and any dependents

After the completion of your tax return:

  • Signed E-authorization forms and payment must be provided in order to submit the federal and state tax returns
  • Copies of the tax returns will be provided for your records

After your federal and state tax returns are filed, the status can be checked by each individual client.

Where is my Tax Refund?

Taxing authorities normally take at least six weeks to process tax returns.  Links are provided for obtaining the status of your tax refund.